Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Total Stream of Consciousness Not Worth Reading


This is my son's room right now. To be fair, this is only half of the room. The other half is actually cleared out and ready to have furniture and baby stuff but this side is where the crib is going to go. Right there in front of the window is my plan, based on the layout I have in my head. The changing table is also going over here somewhere. The layout in my head is sort of fuzzy because the boxes make it hard to visualize.

Obviously there is much work to be done.

I did spend some time in there the other day emptying out some boxes and putting things in their proper homes. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be because all of the boxes, except for one or two, are deceptive in that they're destined straight for the attic without unpacking or sorting. It's boxes of that stuff that you want to keep for whatever reason but don't really want out anywhere. The other two (or 3) boxes are full of clothes, about half of which I'm betting can be thrown out or given away. Finding a home for the stuff I want to keep will be hard because the Ikea dresser from hell has still not been put together and there's seriously no place to put them. At this point I may just close them and put them in the room on the third floor which has a bright future as a guest room/play room/walk in closet but right now is a catch all for crap I don't want to deal with.

My plan for today is to get in there and do some more clearing out. The problem is I can't really be on my feet for any length of time. I'm not supposed to be, for one thing, but also I physically at this point can't do it. I'm a huge sissy because I can't suck it up and all you girls are still going to work every day - or did when you were pregnant - but I can't do it. After about 5 minutes on my feet I have to sit down, totally out of breath. I really have to get going though because the shower is Saturday and we're going to actually put all the resulting stuff somewhere. Also, the crib right now is in the living room, in pieces. He's not going to sleep in it for a while, but still. I'd like to have the whole room ready.

All this and I'm 35 weeks today. We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and the doctor on Friday. I'm worried that the ultrasound doctor is going to take one look and say go directly to labor and delivery, screw your plans and your shower. Or that my doctor on Friday will. Realistically, this is doubtful I'm aware. They most likely won't do anything before 37 weeks but even so, it's not like I have all the time in the world over here.

Can you tell how much I'm hoping that time is really running out? That I don't want to wait four more weeks, nursery be damned?

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Thinking of you, Frank, and chicken dinner.